BJHS Enrichment Day 2017 Registration
Dear Parents and Students,
Madison City Schools will be administering the ACT to all juniors and the ASPIRE to all sophomores on April 19, 2017. Due to the logistics of testing, we are offering an opportunity for all of our freshmen and seniors to spend an enrichment day with a variety of learning opportunities. Below are several enrichment opportunities in which students will participate.
1. College Visit* – The student will visit a college of his/her choice. This visit may take place any time between now and April 19. Documentation of the visit must be presented to the 1st block teacher on April 21. If the college visit does not have a standard form for documentation, a signed note on letterhead will be sufficient.
*Visits conducted prior to April 19 must occur on a day outside of the regular school day. Students will not receive an excused absence for a previously documented college day.
2. Career Visit – The student will visit a business of his/her choice. This visit may take place any time between now and April 19. Documentation of the visit must be presented to the 1st block teacher on April 21. If the site visited does not have a standard form for documentation, a signed note on letterhead will be sufficient.
3. Independent Community Service – The student will make prior arrangements with an organization and perform community service any time between now and April 19. Documentation of the service must be provided in the form of a letter from the organization the student is assisting and returned to the 1st block teacher on April 21.
4. School-Sponsored Community Service on April 19 – The student will travel by school bus to an organization arranged through the school for community service on April 19. Service will be monitored by school personnel and will occur between 8:15-12:00. Buses will transport students back to school and then home for students needing bus transportation. If a sack lunch is needed please indicate on the online registration form. BJHS Registration Link: https://goo.gl/forms/V4KxZFNsv6DE8aa13
5. Educational/Historical Site Visit – Students interested in the rich educational and historical learning opportunities in North Alabama may want to visit attractions such as the Space and Rocket Center, Burritt on the Mountain, Huntsville Museum of Art, etc. Documentation of the visit must be presented in the form of a ticket stub or brochure from the site to the 1st block teacher on April 21.
6. Enrichment Assignment – Students may request an enrichment assignment that he or she can complete between now and April 19. The assignment will be turned in to the 1st block teacher on April 21.
Being a high school student can be stressful, and finding time for everything can be quite a difficult task. How do you find balance as a high school student? Between studying for classes, sports, and extracurricular activities, how do you incorporate free time for yourself? What activities/hobbies do you enjoy outside of school? How can you alter your current schedule to allow for more play time, down time, and family time?
7. AP Study Session – Students currently enrolled in Advanced Placement courses may use this day in preparation for upcoming AP exams. A study group will be formed by the AP teacher and a form will be provided for documentation. Study groups will be held on the school campus and will occur between 8:15 - 12:00. Bus transportation home will be available for students. If a sack lunch is needed please indicate on the online registration form.
8. Co-op and Dual Enrolled Students – Students enrolled in Cooperative Education courses or those who are Dual Enrolled will participate in their regular work or college activities. Co-op students need to provide documentation of the hours worked that day to their co-op teacher.
9. Employed Student – Attend your place of employment on this date. Your place of employment will need to sign the Student Activity Documentation page. Provide their title, phone number, and signature. Documentation will be turned in to the 1st block teacher on April 21.