National Technical Honor Society: Bob Jones High School Chapter
Requirements for Membership:
BJHS Cumulative GPA minimum (may use weighted): 3.5
Classes taken per Academy: NTHS is ONLY open to seniors enrolled in an internship class (Engineering or Medical Academy), for the 2015-2016 school year.
Community Service Hours Required: Service hours to be completed through internship and during fall and spring mentor gift drives.
Meetings: Morning meetings 1-2 times monthly.
Dues: $40 per student (This includes a custom certificate, presentation folder, general letter of recommendation for the student's portfolio, member pin, diploma seal, decal and graduation cords. Other membership benefits include three custom letters of recommendation, access to the Online Career Center, and eligibility to apply for scholarships.)
NTHS has the right to refuse membership to any student not in good standing with the Academy and the Academy Instructors, regardless of requirements met.
An honor society open to the Engineering and Medical Academy Internship-Level Students of Bob Jones High School.
Mission and Vision
To honor student achievement and leadership, promote educational excellence, award scholarships, and enhance career opportunities for the NTHS membership.
To be the international leader in providing recognition for excellence in career and technical education.
- Providing the highest quality recognition for outstanding students in career and technical education,
- Supplying excellent services to our diverse and multi-cultural membership and member schools,
- Providing scholarship opportunities for its members,
- Creating new and emerging relationships between the educational community and business and industry,
- Being a flexible organization on the leading edge of technology and constantly responding to change,
- Maintaining financial responsibility to meet our increasing needs,
- Sustaining growth, innovation and continuous improvement based upon ongoing evaluation.