Please follow us on twitter @BJHSSeniors
Students and Parents,
I have tried to put all important information about seniors on this page. If you have any questions, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you,
Brandy Van Dam
Please complete the information on the senior survey. This is needed to order food for the picnic/breakfast, your senior t-shirt, as well as your cap and gown. It's very important that you complete this! The survey can be completed at the following link:
- Greg Machen Photography is taking all formal portraits for the 2016-17 yearbook.
- Seniors should call (256) 461-0827 to schedule an in-studio session.
- The deadline for senior portraits is October 28th
- Because of the deadline set by the publisher, seniors who do do not have their portrait taken at Greg Machen by this deadline may not be pictured in the yearbook.
Senior Salutes (ads in the yearbook)
- Salutes are on sale through October 28th
- Payments are due by November 25th.
- If interested, complete this form: Senior Salute Contract
- Please submit to the front office by October 28th
- Please Click Here to complete the senior quote and activity
- The Form must be completed by October 28th
- The senior fee for 2016 - 2017 is $135
- The fee covers the following items:
- Cap and Gown
- Diploma and Cover
- Senior T-Shirt
- Senior Picnic
- Senior Breakfast
- Please contact me if there are any financial issues. We can always work something out.
Cap and Gown Ordering
- The cap and gown will be ordered by the school this year.
- Please make sure you complete the senior survey to input your size information.
- The cost is covered by the senior fee. Again, please contact me if there are any financial issues.
- The senior t-shirt is student designed
- T-shirts will be distributed in late April/early May
- You must complete your size information in the senior survey to be ordered a t-shirt.
- If I do not have your size, I will not order you a t-shirt even if you have paid.
- The senior picnic will be held during 4th block on Thursday, April 27th on the Eastview field.
- If we use a weather day and must attend school on April 28th, the picnic will be held then.
- Jimmy John's will provide the food
- Please complete the senior survey to place your food order
- Your "ticket" to the picnic will be a completed 2017 Senior Information form. These forms will be given out during homeroom as well as be made available in the College and Career Center
- The senior breakfast will be on Friday, May 5th in the cafeteria
- Cap and Gowns will be given out this day as well
- After breakfast, seniors will move to the auditorium for the senior slideshow. Please see the next section for instructions on submitting pictures
- Pictures to be included in the senior slide show can be emailed to email@example.com
- Please submit no more than 7 pictures
- Pictures can be from elementary school through current
- Keep it class Bob Jones!
- Senior Awards will be held on Thursday, May 18th at 7:00 p.m. at the Jackson Center located on the Hudson Alpha Campus in Research Park
- To be recognized, students must complete the 2017 Senior Information Sheet that will be sent out by Ms. Champion.
- A list will be posted of students being recognized the week before the ceremony. It’s the responsibility of the student to make sure they are on the list.
- Please contact Ms. Champion at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions concerning the awards night.
Graduation Ceremony Information
- Graduation will be held at the VBC arena on Monday, May 22nd at 3:00 p.m.
- MANDATORY graduation practice will be held that morning at 8:00 a.m. in the arena. Please be on time.
- Students will report back to the VBC East Hall at 1:30 p.m.
- The graduation ceremony will be streamed live. The link will be available on the Madison City website closer to the graduation date.
- DVD’s of the ceremony will be available for purchase. More information will be posted at a later date.
- Graduation Tickets will be given out in homeroom on a date TBA.
- Each student will Receive 12 tickets
- There will not be a sign up for extra tickets this year since the number of tickets received has increased.
- Students not using all their tickets are encouraged to give them to other students needing more.
- The front office will also accept tickets not being used.
Graduation Dress Code
- Girls – Dress or slacks and navy/black shoes. If the dress is longer than the robe, please wear a dark dress. Nude, Black or Dark shoes are acceptable. Wedges with cork are also acceptable. NO WHITE SHOES
- Guys – Dark slacks dark shoes. White shirt with tie.
- No sneakers, boots, jeans, blue shirts, flip flops or gum. YOU MAY NOT DECORATE THE TOP OF YOUR CAP
- Girls - This is a link to video that shows how to attach your collar to your gown https://youtu.be/sH2CzmD8Zmk