Please follow us on twitter @BJHSSeniors
Students and Parents,
I have tried to put all important information about seniors on this page. If you have any questions, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you,
Brandy Van Dam
Please complete the information on the senior survey. This is needed to order food for the picnic/breakfast, your senior t-shirt, as well as your cap and gown. It's very important that you complete this! The survey can be completed at the following link:
- The senior fee for 2016 - 2017 is $135
- The fee covers the following items:
- Cap and Gown
- Diploma and Cover
- Senior T-Shirt
- Senior Picnic
- Senior Breakfast
- Please contact me if there are any financial issues. We can always work something out.
- Please pay by April 14th
Cap and Gown Ordering
- The cap and gown will be ordered by the school this year.
- Please make sure you complete the senior survey to input your size information.
- The cost is covered by the senior fee. Again, please contact me if there are any financial issues.
- Announcements/Invitations can be ordered from Balfour.
- This IS a seperate order entireley. It is not part of the senor fee.
- The school does not order these. You must do this on your own.
- The senior t-shirt is student designed
- T-shirts will be distributed in late April/early May
- You must complete your size information in the senior survey to be ordered a t-shirt.
- If I do not have your size, I will not order you a t-shirt even if you have paid.
- The senior picnic will be held during 4th block on Thursday, April 27th on the Eastview field.
- If we use a weather day and must attend school on April 28th, the picnic will be held then.
- Jimmy John's will provide the food
- Please complete the senior survey to place your food order
- Your "ticket" to the picnic will be a completed 2017 Senior Information form. These forms will be given out during homeroom as well as be made available in the College and Career Center
- The senior breakfast will be on Friday, May 5th in the cafeteria
- Cap and Gowns will be given out this day as well
- After breakfast, seniors will move to the auditorium for the senior slideshow. Please see the next section for instructions on submitting pictures
- Pictures to be included in the senior slide show can be emailed to email@example.com
- Please submit no more than 7 pictures
- Pictures can be from elementary school through current
- Please have pictures submitted by April 28th
- Keep it classy Bob Jones!
- Senior Awards will be held on Thursday, May 18th at 7:00 p.m. at the Jackson Center located on the Hudson Alpha Campus in Research Park
- To be recognized, students must complete the 2017 Senior Information Sheet that will be sent out by Ms. Champion.
- A list will be posted of students being recognized the week before the ceremony. It’s the responsibility of the student to make sure they are on the list.
- Please contact Ms. Champion at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions concerning the awards night.
- Senior Exam will be on May 17th and 18th
- 3rd and 4th block exams will be during regular class on Wednesday, May 17th
- 1st and 2nd block exams will be during regular class on Thursday, May 18th
- Seniors will be dismissed after 2nd block on the 18th
- Senior do not have school on Friday, May 19th.
Graduation Ceremony Information
- Graduation will be held at the VBC arena on Monday, May 22nd at 3:00 p.m.
- MANDATORY graduation practice will be held that morning at 8:00 a.m. in the arena. Please be on time.
- Students will report back to the VBC East Hall at 1:30 p.m.
- The graduation ceremony will be streamed live. The link will be available on the Madison City website closer to the graduation date.
- DVD’s of the ceremony will be available for purchase. More information will be posted at a later date.
- Graduation Tickets will be given out in homeroom on a date TBA.
- Each student will Receive 12 tickets
- There will not be a sign up for extra tickets this year since the number of tickets received has increased.
- Students not using all their tickets are encouraged to give them to other students needing more.
- The front office will also accept tickets not being used.
Graduation Dress Code
- Girls – Dress or slacks and navy/black shoes. If the dress is longer than the robe, please wear a dark dress. Nude, Black or Dark shoes are acceptable. Wedges with cork are also acceptable. NO WHITE SHOES
- Guys – Dark slacks dark shoes. White shirt with tie.
- No sneakers, boots, jeans, blue shirts, flip flops or gum. YOU MAY NOT DECORATE THE TOP OF YOUR CAP
- Girls - This is a link to video that shows how to attach your collar to your gown https://youtu.be/sH2CzmD8Zmk