The Bob Jones French Club participates in a wide variety of events.
I. Homecoming Parade
- Each year we participate with the other language clubs in the World Languages Department in the Homecoming parade by building a float that promotes our various cultures and languages.
II. French Club Convention
- Students compete against other students from across the state at a competition hosted by the Alabama Federation of French Clubs. This event is held at the University of Alabama in Tuscaloosa.
III. International Festival
- The World Languages Department hosts an International Festival in order to promote the languages and cultures that are taught here at Bob Jones. This event is open to the community. There is food and entertainment. The French Club traditionally has a crepe table and performs the can-can dance.
IV. Mardi Gras
- Every year the World Languages hallway explodes with purple, gold and green for Mardi Gras. We have food during class and King Cake after school.
V. Foreign Language Olympics
- This event is hosted by the Latin Club. It is a friendly competition between the world languages clubs. It is similar to a field day event. The club that wins gets to host the trophy in the sponsor's room throughout the following school year.
Please check out our bylaws and other important information under "Forms".