Regular meetings are the 3rd Tuesday of each month after school.
Changes to regular meeting: There will NOT be a meeting on October 20th, 2015. There WILL be a meeting September 29th and October 27th.
What we do in the Astronomy Club:
1. Discuss current events having to do with all things astronomy
2. Host star parties. Come out with us after dark and look at the stars. We find constellations, doubel stars, star clusters, planets, and whatever else we can find. Sometimes we use telescopes, sometime we just go out and look. Come join us!
3. Host guest speakers. Last year we invited an astrophysicist to talk about his research (and a whole lot of other things!), and a meteorite specialist who gave an engagint talk ab out where meteorites come from and where to look for them. More speakers to come!
4. Watch cool astronomy movies. With snacks.
5. Mini-lessons. If one member is passionate about a specific topic, we encourage them to prepare a presentation to share their enthusiasm and knowledge.
6. Keep the public informed about current events through announcements, posters, and talking to people.
7. Anything else that comes along in the field of astronomy!
Please join us!